My 2050: create your own scenario for a low carbon society by 2050.
With ‘My2050’ the Belgian Federal authority aims to encourage a debate with all citizens (and pupils of the 3rd degree secondary in particular) on how we can make our society evolve towards a low carbon society by 2050.
- insight into the possible changes in the different sectors (transport, buildings, industry, energy supply and agriculture).
- the possibility to develop your own transition scenario by selecting ambition levels for the various “levers” in these sectors. Each choice is immediately visible in the virtual landscape.
- a simultaneous calculation of the emission reduction of this scenario for our country in 2050.
- analyses of this scenario with regard to emission reductions, energy demand and net import and export of electricity, and also calculates its costs.
- clear information through 7 animations (about amongst others the challenges and solutions in the various sectors) and 13 info sheets (one for each lever).
- a manual for teachers for optimal use in class (3rd degree secondary).
- the possibility to save, compare and distribute your scenario through the social medias.
The use is very intuitive, but it is worthwhile to click on the button “How?” on the homepage to watch a short animation.
This web tool is based on the concept of the British tool http://my2050.decc.gov.uk.